I am assuming that most of you are like me. You wear numerous hats on any given day. Mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, counselor, church member, employee, employer, entrepreneur, business owner, driver, cook, maid, and the beat goes on. I always have a to-do list that is a mile long. Things to do for work, thinks to do for home, groceries to buy, kids programs to attend, committees to serve on, emails and texts to send, phone calls and appointments to make. Help!!!!! I make a list, but I never tend to get it all done, mainly because I am a chronic procrastinator. I confess, my name is Chantelle and I put things off until the last minute.
Here are a few tips for the chronic procrastinator:
- Stop over-committing yourself. Stop saying yes to the things that you have no interest or desire in doing.
- Don’t look at the big picture. Instead pick five things of the list to do each day and get them done. If you don’t get them done, don’t beat yourself up; just put them on the list for the next day and… GET THEM DONE.
- Reward yourself when you get your list completed. Read that magazine or book that you have been waiting to read. Take a long hot bath. Eat a cookie… just one.
- Make your schedule more realistic. There really are only 24 hours in a day. Allow time for meals, travel, and oh yeah, breathing.
- Finally, get started. If you don’t start, you will never finish.
So yes, I am a chronic procrastinator, but I am committing to do better… tomorrow! LOL!!